Monday, November 5, 2012

Major Baptismal Fury!


Dearest D,
This week was so good. I loved your letter this week and it was so funny. I was blown away. I snickered the whole time. I was on exchanges with the elder that is now my real companion and I gave it to him to read and he was laughing the whole time and it was great. I am prophetic these days. Elder Welch was on exchange with me and I told him, you could just leave your stuff here because you're going to come here on Friday and be my comp anyway. It happened. It was hilarious. He's a good guy. I like him. Hey, everyone tells me that I have lost tons of weight lately even though I haven't really because I've been putting on muscle, but I have found the most magical way to cut down on body fat. If you eat only from 11 or 12 to 6 and then nothing after that until the next day at about noon, you can eat normal (or for me above normal amounts of food) and cut down body fat percentage. It's a really great system. It's been working wonders and I think that if you tried it out, you would be really pleased with it. Anyway, you could also wait til I get back and I'll walk you through it. Oh, I am so tight with Sister Day, President's wife. At move calls she called me out and had me stand up and raise the roof. It was hilarious. She always comes and specially shakes my hand whenever she sees me. It's so cool.
Love you so much dad!
Matt
 
Hey everyone!
This week there were two people baptized and three confirmed! It was so good! I was so happy to see what the Lord has blessed us with here in Songshan. It's been great.
 
Verbatim:
I learned so many good things from you...I'll look in the mirror a lot now.--Elder Zeng on us going our separate ways. He's commenting on how I always make faces in the mirrors in elevators.

You make a cool tongue twister and it blows their minds.--Elder Robinson
 
We are going to go find Chen2Yi4Han2 (who is in my opinion, the most beautiful actress/model in Taiwan) for Elder Siebert's bye-bye book, please bless us and make preparations--Elder Zeng, praying for us to find a picture opportunity. I felt slightly sacrelidgious.
 
I noticed his fishing gear and talked to him about it. You could say I hooked him. --Elder Welch while contacting
 
This week brought many miracles with following the spirit to find people to teach. We were coming back from Nangang when I saw a person sitting on a corner by a light. The feeling came to me that I needed to turn around and talk to him. I slammed on my brakes, startling my companion and expressed my feeling to him. We both returned to this brother and began to talk to him. Turns out he had some exposure to christianity before and he's very open to learn more about our message. He was very grateful to talk to us and learn more about this gospel. I know that if I had not heeded the still small spirit, I would have missed that chance. It was really cool.
 
I had another experience just yesterday. We had the feeling that we needed to stay near the church and make calls to LAs and potentials and find someone to teach from that. We did so and I was sitting with a pile of potentials when I this guy came and asked me for a pen. I gave it to him and then kept calling. He returned the pen to me and I had this subtle tugging in my mind that I should keep looking up. I looked at this man that had borrowed my pen, but I didn't have too much feeling about him. I then noticed looking over his shoulder, that there was a younger man who was walking towards us. The feeling then came that he was the one that I needed to talk to. I got up and ran over to him and felt to give him an English Tract. Turns out that he was a student three years ago. I asked him to sit down and talk and he did. We then went upstairs to the church and had a lesson. I am so blessed to have God placing these people where I can teach them and just leading me along. I have no clue what to do on my own, but with the Lord, I can do all things. 

I love you all,
Elder Siebert

No comments:

Post a Comment