Wednesday, October 24, 2012

It's going to be a wet Sunday!


Hey everyone!
His heart is black--Sister Liu at District Meeting on Elder Zou stealing her scripture story that she was going to share.

Brother Skanky? Maybe they're mispronoucing it, but I'm gonna giggle anyway.--Me at stake conference on callings and sustainings.
 
Mexican? Native American?............Paris?--Sister Ochoa trying to guess the other half of my heritage.
 
Sister Taylor: No! I can't give you.....this heart. (referring to a heart shaped pastry thingy)
Me: You were totally going to say "my heart" huh?
Sister Taylor: How'd you know?!? And yeah, I was but there are too many other missionaries here.
Me: So can I have it?
Sister Taylor: It's not all about you! You can't just ask for it.
Me: Sorry, It's been a long time on the mission, I've forgotten how to get it myself. All I know how to do now is to ask "direct questions"....So can I have it?
Sister Taylor:Fine, you can....have my heart.
Both: *Laugh*
 
Maybe we missionaries love everyone, but I still have Sister Taylor's heart--Me later on in the district meeting.
 
Well this week I also have food report:
Sea Cucumber: It's really completely tasteless. I mean, it's like eating really chewy gelatin that has no flavor. Honestly, I think I'll stick to my jello because it's cheaper and has more flavor. This thing was a total let down. I was expecting really good or really gross but it just yielded a complete zero on the oral satisfaction scale. The only thing that was really good was the texture. No taste. 1 tasteless thing-a-ma-bobs out of 5.
 
This week was really cool. We should be having two baptisms this Sunday night and we are so stoked. Brother Lu and Brother Yan both passed with flying colors and they are happy to be getting baptized this week!
 
This week I saw a really great miracle while finding. We were going along to this street to go tracting. I had a feeling to pray so we did. As we were then riding, I had a strong feeling to go down this back alley. We went down there and I had a really strong feeling about this one stack of houses. I grabbed the Family Proclamation and we started tracting. We told the third floor that we had this family proclamation that would protect their family. They let us up right away. When we got up there they asked if they were supposed to read this thing while they prayed and we told them that they can just pray. They told us that their grandma was in the hospital and not doing well and they really wanted to pray for her and didn't know how. We taught them how to pray and they prayed so beautifully and sincerely. It was a really amazing experience where we were prompted in where to go and what to use to find Heavenly Father's children. He really led us to a family that night because we prayed and listened to what He wanted.
I know that if we will hearken to God's will, we will receive His blessings.

Love,
Elder Siebert

No comments:

Post a Comment